For mushroom & almond pate:
Fresh mushroom – 400 gm
Porcini mushroom – 20 gm
Almond – 100 gm
Tarragon – ½ tsp
Onion chopped – 1 no
Garlic chopped – 2 cloves
Leek – 2 tsp
Thyme – ½ tsp
Butter – 60 gm
Olive oil – 30 ml
Parsley finely chopped – 3½ tbsp
For pan roasted mushrooms:
Fresh mushroom – 4 no
Morel – 4 no
Chanterelle – 4 no
Oyster mushroom – 4 no
- Mushroom and almond pate: Blanche the almonds in boiling water for a few minutes. Strain the almonds and place them in cold water. Remove the skins and cut them lengthwise. Toast them in a preheated oven till golden brown and set aside.
- Coarsely chop the garlic, onion, fresh & porcini mushrooms, leek and tarragon in a food processor. Sauté this mixture in butter over medium-high heat with thyme, salt and pepper. Simmer until the liquid has evaporated.
- Chop the toasted almonds coarsely in a food processor and cook in clarified butter till they are soft and creamy. Add the cooked mushroom mixture to it and combine well.
- Puree the mixture in a food processor until smooth.
- Refrigerate the pureed mixture.
- Pan roasted mushrooms:Soak the dry mushrooms in cold water till soft. To rehydrate, squeeze out the extra moisture.
- Heat a pan over a high flame, add olive oil and sauté the rehydrated mushrooms as well as the diced fresh mushrooms till they are golden brown. Season as required.
- Serve a quenelle of the pre-chilled mushroom almond pate with the sautéed mushrooms. The dish can be served with crackers, crusty Melba toasts with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar to enhance the flavour.
Note: This recipe is by Chef Rahul Akerkar from Indigo