Well, a new year is upon us! I’ve written a few posts on my recent travels but severely lacked in recipe posts. This year I’ve decided to change things a bit and be more regular with my blog posts. So you’ll see a lot more recipes and articles on things I love.
Speaking of things I love, today I made my 10 minute pasta. Yes, it was made in 10 minutes flat! Of course I cheated a little by using bottled pasta sauce but you can make your own and that’ll just increase the cooking time. I also used shredded roast chicken from a leftover chicken thigh. Anyway, here’s my quick recipe for my 10 Minute Cheat Pasta that serves two.
4 handful fusilli pasta (two handful for each serving)
1 tbsp butter
3 cloves of sliced garlic
5 sage leaves
5 sliced mushrooms
8 to 10 cherry tomatoes cut in half
1 cup of shredded chicken (I used a leftover piece of roast chicken for this)
2 cups of bottled red pasta sauce
Few chopped olives for garnish
Salt & pepper
Truffle oil (optional)
1. First get your water boiling for pasta
2. While the water is on, in a large frying pan, melt butter and drizzle some olive oil.
3. To the pan, add torn up sage leaves and sliced mushrooms. Give them a quick toss and add sliced garlic. When the mushroom looks done, turn up the heat to full whack and add the cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle some salt and toss them till they get a nice colour. It should take about a minute.
4. The water must have started boiling by now so add some salt and tip in all of the pasta to it. Give it a quick stir and let it boil for exactly 8 minutes.
5. Return to the frying pan and see if the tomatoes look glossy and flash cooked. Take it off the heat and place the mushroom-tomato mix in a separate bowl.
6. Put the same pan back on the flame and add a bit of olive oil and the pasta sauce. Add a cup of water to it and cook it to a gentle simmer. Add chicken and stir it well.
7. After 8 minutes of cooking, the pasta will be ready so drain out the water and add pasta to the sauce in the pan. Give it a good toss and take it off the flame.
8. Right at the end, add the mushroom-tomato and give it a good mix.
9. Garnish with chopped olives and finish off with truffle oil or olive oil.